Maintenance & Safety Coordinator
POSITION: Maintenance & Safety Coordinator (Part-time, 10-15 hours/week)
PAY: $18-$22 (Varies based on experience/qualifications)
Responsible for routine and preventative site maintenance tasks as directed by the CPO and Executive Director. Perform duties such as cleaning, minor repairs, vehicle maintenance, safety inspections and compliance.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Use tools and equipment efficiently and safely.
- Perform general maintenance in facilities such as cleaning: (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting etc.)
- Performs outdoor maintenance/ landscaping such as weed removal, clearing debris, maintaining lawns/planters.
- Be able to perform preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Performs minor accessible electrical work not requiring a licensed electrician such as replacing light bulbs and fuses.
- Performs minor plumbing tasks and the required follow-up.
- Performs minor fixture and facility repairs.
- Follows site specified job specification and task list.
- Assures all Club facilities are safe, clean, and free of clutter.
- Instructs and creates meetings regarding OSHA/CDC/BGCA requirements relevant to Club safety.
- Develop maintenance and safety procedures and ensure implementation and compliance
- Creates and updates a maintenance calendar that allows timely and routine completion of preventative tasks such as pest control, treating the heating/cooling units, weatherizing the buildings, etc.
- Execute monthly safety walkthroughs at various Club sites
- Submits Daily Fleet Inspection checklist, reporting any necessary repairs for Club vehicles.
- Schedules and transports Club vehicles for any necessary repairs or preventative maintenance; (such as tire rotations/replacements, oil changes, smog checks, etc.)
- Meet all requirements and expectations of the California Highway patrol for personal and all club vehicles
- Maintain a full "contact list" of subcontractors for Club vehicles as well as building maintenance.
- Performs related duties as required and directed by the CPO and Executive Director.
1. Independently Productive
- Maintain professionalism and productivity with little supervision.
- Take initiative to repair/maintain facilities before requested.
- Complete requested tasks in a timely manner according to urgency or priority.
- Perform daily tasks abiding by all safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate appointments with specialized professionals (Licensed plumbers, electricians, etc.)
2. Manage & Develop Resources
- Attend and participate in Staff Trainings, which is essential to professional development.
- Facilitate/Attend safety meetings with staff and the AVBGC Safety Committee
- Follow all policies and procedures at all times, including the Club’s Code of Conduct, which can be found in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain case management files and records of maintenance activities.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Club site, with high regard for Club property.
- Must be able to inform important and relevant information to CPO, Executive Director, Program Directors, Site Coordinators and other Boys & Girls Club affiliates.
- Must be able to listen to CPO, Executive Director, Program Directors, Site Coordinators and other Boys & Girls Club affiliates while maintaining a professional relationship and positive representation of the Club at all times.
- Must be able to present important and relevant information and/or presentations through program facilitation, staff meetings or trainings, and/or other Boys & Girls Club events.
- Must be able to write and compose clear, concise, accurate written documentation and data reports.
4. Supervision, & Safety
- Ensure the safety standards are met by all site staff at all times.
- Provide site maintenance and written documentation of any site/vehicle concerns
- Practice and constantly be aware of safe practices like Crisis Management, Emergency Preparedness, CPR and First Aid, etc.
- Implement and follow OSHA/CDC/COVID-19 health and safety guidelines
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space at all times.
- Ensure an attractive, welcoming and fun environment is created and maintained
5. Other Duties as Necessary
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid identification
- Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license (Class B preferred, may be required at later date)
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to get to and from work at the scheduled times.
- The Club has a mandatory overtime policy when required. This could extend your workday and/or may require working on Saturdays as needed. You must be available for this type of work schedule.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification (Adult, Child, Infant preferred) upon being hired.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently perform maintenance tasks.
- Must pass a background check, TB and drug test.
- Must obtain Serve Safe Certification as applicable to the site(s).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Enthusiasm performing facility tasks in the presence of members and peers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meet Staff Training requirements
- Basic knowledge and proper use of hand tools, power tools and chemicals commonly used in maintenance work
- Knowledge of basic safety practices and procedures related to performing unskilled manual work.
3. Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Maintain a high energy level and positive representation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Must be able to work in loud environments and communicate clearly.
- Stand for four plus hours per day.
- Be able to occasionally work in harsh weather conditions (Heat, wind, etc.)
- Stoop, kneel, reach, bend, climb, and walk frequently.
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
The information presented in ALL of the above job descriptions indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Employer or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause. By signing below, I am accepting my responsibilities associated with the title of Program Director. I will direct any questions or concerns I may have about my job expectations to the Executive Director.