Special Events Coordinator
POSITION: Special Events Coordinator(20-30 hours per week)
RATE: $18.50 - $20.50
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & Marketing
PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position is responsible for working with the Development Department, site managers, various committees and volunteers for the successful execution of development projects and special events sponsored by the Antelope Valley Boys & Girls (AVBGC) and support events within the community for the benefit of AVBGC. Must be cooperative, friendly and create a safe and harmonious environment. Abide by and support the Club mission, to inspire and enable all young people to reach their full potential as caring, productive and responsible citizens.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
SPECIAL EVENTS AND PROJECTS
- Execute logistics involved in the planning and successful implementation of development projects and special events.
- Coordinate and work with appropriate staff, board, event committees and community volunteers as needed.
- Assist with solicitations for donations for special projects and events.
- Establish timelines, tasks and work on multiple events and projects at the same time.
- Works within established budgets and timelines.
- Provide regular progress reports as requested.
- Supports with press releases, e-blasts, and various social media posts regarding special events.
- Supports with evaluation of overall effectiveness of each event and make recommendations for increasing fundraising capacity and community support.
- Enter and maintain confidential donor information on a regular basis.
- Assist in development and production of special event, marketing and project materials.
- Support recognition of donors and supporters.
- File, update and organize Development materials and information.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid identification
- At least 5 years work experience with a Boys & Girls Club or other youth serving organization.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and the ability to get to and from work at the scheduled times.
- The Club has a mandatory overtime policy when required. This could extend your workday and/or may require working on Saturdays as needed. You must be available for this type of work schedule.
- CPR Certification (Adult, Child, Infant preferred), or attend and successfully complete certification within first month of employment.
- Must pass a background check, TB and drug test.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree from accredited college or university or BA/BS preferred. (Higher starting pay rate will be considered).
- Special event, fundraising, marketing, non-profit and/or other equivalent experience of at least one year.
- Strong consideration given to candidates with grant writing experience.
- Exemplary communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills.
3. Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Maintain a high energy level and positive representation.
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Must be able to work in loud environments and communicate clearly.
- Stand for four plus hours per day.
- Stoop, bend, climb, and walk frequently.
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, not to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.